Found a great, straightforward article today on setting up Paypal Sandbox Testing on a WooCommerce wordpress website.
Just a quick caveat. If you’re not in the US you’ll need to sign up for a PayPal account at PayPal.com
Here’s a very short list of instructions
- Sign Up for a PayPal Account for your online business
- Login in to https://developer.paypal.com/
- Set up a Merchant account and a Buyer account under Applications – Sandbox Accounts
- WooCommerce – Settings – Payment Gateways – Paypal
- Check Enable Paypal Standard
- Enter Your PayPal Test merchant email in the PayPal Email and Receiver Email boxes.
- In the Gateway Testing section check Enable PayPal sandbox
That’s it you should be ready to run test transactions through your website.